login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

Google

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Hell is to good for people like this!
wiener wonder dog
From New Orleans, LA
Group:
Registered Users
Tia,
I think it is both that people don't know and that many don't care or, as stated before, think they are rescuing a dog. They don't stop to think about the mother they are sentencing to another litter. I have one of these puppy mill dogs and I am fostering another one. Neither one of them is normal but they are absolutely heaven sent as far as I am concerned. I have also had people tell me that we should offer money to person such as this to get a dog from them not realizing it does NOTHING to stop what they are doing. Until the public steps up and says no more and refuses to buy any dogs from a petshop and lobbies for legislation against these places it will continue. The puppies in the store may suffer at some ruthless pet shops but not nearly as much as the mothers suffer.
Katie the red dachshund in my avatar is a mill survivor after having been nearly starved to death. I am attaching her before picture so if you are weak stomached don't scroll down. I have her after picture and I think she is gorgeous. She was starved because she wasn't producing puppies anymore. For months she couldn't eat without shaking and her back legs are stiff from sitting on wire her entire life. She also loses teeth in every dental. She is the sweetest thing.
I think this woman is a waste of space and I hope she goes to prison and her cell mate is a murderous animal lover.

Attach file:

jpg  cocktail-313x254.jpg (18.81 KB)
3951_491cf0443dbcb.jpg 313X254 px

jpg  P5052950_0070.jpg (887.78 KB)
3951_491cf0b393a04.jpg 2272X1704 px

Posted on: 2008/11/13 23:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

alpha wiener
Group:
Registered Users
Yay, Katie!!!!! She's beautiful!

Posted on: 2008/11/14 11:00

wiener wonder dog
From New Orleans, LA
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you doskymom. I think she is gorgeous too. She is so much better than when we first got her. I tell people that Katie IS the mother of many of those petstore puppies. It is just criminal.

Posted on: 2008/11/16 17:42

dachshund denizen
Group:
Registered Users
This just horrible. I have some questions for those of you who are more familiar with this stuff than I am. I know that it isn't good to purchase puppies from pet shops and Tia said something that sparked my interest. She said no respectable breeder would sell to pet shops. For those of us who really don't know, why should a breeder not sell to petshops? I ask because there is a pet shop in my area that sells pups. They advertise that their puppies do not come from puppy mills and that they come from a "BJ and Guys Kennel" I think when they say this it gives people the impression that it is ok to buy from them. These pups are AKC registered.

Posted on: 2008/11/16 18:03

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
I am really glad that you asked. I did a little research on Sharon Munk, the owner of BJ & Guys Kennels. This is a USDA registered kennel. Kennels like this are what this story was originally about. Large USDA kennels only have to provide the minimum for their breeding stock and breeding stock is all these animals are. They live in cages their entire lives, have no human contact and typically do not get vet care when they are ill. The owners are required to provide them with food, water and shelter. I could go on and on but I think that pictures speak volumes.

Top two pictures are puppy mill moms and Pictures of USDA ran facilities:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THE DIFFERENCE IN A QUALITY BREEDER AND A USDA BREEDER:

MY PUPPIES:

Photobucket

Photobucket

THEIRS:

Posted on: 2008/11/16 19:59

ultimate hotdog
From Iowa City, IA
Group:
Registered Users
Responsible breeders wouldn't sell to pet stores for several reasons but most importantly probably is that they would want to personally make sure that their dogs are going to the best homes possible by at least meeting potential owners.
Additionally, a responsible breeder takes good care of their puppies and parents. This makes their cost per puppy higher than pet stores are willing to pay. Pet stores buy puppies for $50-100 per dog and then turn around and sell them for hundreds or more. You can imagine the "care" that goes into producing a dog that a breeder can afford to sell for $50.

Posted on: 2008/11/16 19:59

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
Group:
Registered Users
A few articles that I pulled for you from puppy mill watch sites:

Bundle up and join the NC division of the Puppy Mill Awareness Day Organization for a peaceful protest against The Pet Pad!!!!

Time: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM

The Pet Pad (formerly known as PetLand, it was notorious for dealing with puppy mills), sells puppies they claim to purchase from "breeder" Sharon Munk or BJ & Guys Kennels. Sharon Munk is actually licensed with the USDA as a breeder and broker in Menlo, Kansas. She farms and brokers puppies!

In this group, I'm confident we all agree that puppies do not belong in pet stores or in the mills that produce
them. The holiday season is the perfect time to bring awareness to the pain and suffering of the puppy mill dogs. Perhaps what's more important, we need to spread the word on the sheer number loving dogs that are waiting to be adopted, that buying a puppy is essentially denying a homeless dog a home.

Please come out and help The Awareness Day Organization educate by handing out brochures
and getting our message out?NO MORE PUPPY MILLS!!!!

We need your help. The larger the crowd the louder our voice will be! Make a sign or just be present and make a statement that could save hundreds of lives this holiday season. We are the only voice that they have?.let's speak
for the victims.

If you can join us please RSVP to [masked]

Links:
Puppy Mill Awareness Day
Puppy Mills Breed Misery - info
Sick puppies from PetLand, the former store.
PetPad puppies are transported from Kansas - that isn't ideal...
Hope to see you there this Saturday!!

I have been boycotting this store...if anyone would like to share with me any info they might have or if you have bought a dog from Just Paws Pets please email me at (deleted). I have researched the breeders/brokers they use and get this:
BJs & Guys LLC (Sharon Munk) of Menlo, Kansas:
Is a broker/breeder
(which means other breeders give them their pups to sell to pet store and they breed dogs too) who has had numerous USDA violations and it was reported that in 2006 they had 976 Adult dogs and 534 puppies on their property---no wonder they had violations!(CAN YOU SAY PUPPY MILL?

Posted on: 2008/11/16 20:25

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
My Dixie
Has anyone dealt with Pepper Creek Ranch or PCPUPS ?
How to Make Good Friends with a Beautiful Girl?
Which one should I Pick?
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index