(1) 2 »

Re: False pregnancy
Baron (Baronin) von Wienerschnitzel
From Virginia Beach, VA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FrostyDachs wrote:
I posted a similar question on another dachshund site recently and found out from a member who had asked her vet who then asked his professor at the vet teaching hospital at Wake Forest about it. She said that all females, if not bred, go through some form of false pregnancy after a heat cycle. Here is a quote of what she posted "ALL of them, no matter the age, or if they have had a litter. It's not so much a false pg as it is a hormone fluctuation. She said some females just have more physical signs and symptoms are more severe than others. And other times, they may not show any symptoms. She said what WAS abnormal, was for them to NOT have a false pg. No matter how slight the symptoms, they all have the same hormone changes after a heat cycle, that tells their body they are pregnant."

Hope this helps. It eased my mind greatly. Thanks go to Audrey from the other forum for posting this information originally.

interesting!

Posted on: 2007/8/21 23:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Baron (Baronin) von Wienerschnitzel
From Central Florida
Group:
Registered Users
I posted a similar question on another dachshund site recently and found out from a member who had asked her vet who then asked his professor at the vet teaching hospital at Wake Forest about it. She said that all females, if not bred, go through some form of false pregnancy after a heat cycle. Here is a quote of what she posted "ALL of them, no matter the age, or if they have had a litter. It's not so much a false pg as it is a hormone fluctuation. She said some females just have more physical signs and symptoms are more severe than others. And other times, they may not show any symptoms. She said what WAS abnormal, was for them to NOT have a false pg. No matter how slight the symptoms, they all have the same hormone changes after a heat cycle, that tells their body they are pregnant."

Hope this helps. It eased my mind greatly. Thanks go to Audrey from the other forum for posting this information originally.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 13:00

The Miniature Dachshund Creed

1. If it's in my mouth, it's mine!
2. If I like it, it's mine!
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine!
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine!
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way!
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it's mine!
8. If I saw it first, it's mine!
9. If you are playing with something and put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's in the same house I'm in, it's mine!
11. If it's broken, it's yours!

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From LIVERPOOL UK
Group:
Registered Users
Phantom pregnancies have all the same symptoms as a real one,just no pups. Watch out for nesting and if she definitely isn't pregnant discourage her,she may even take soft toys to her bed and treat them like pups.

Chase developed more breast tissue after her first season and it stayed for several weeks, I thought that some how Rhuari had got to her even though I knew he hadn't,her breast tissue has never gone back to the pre season state, I suppose it is like humans and puberty.

I am waiting for Chase's third season due any day and if all goes to plan pups in November.

Rhona

Posted on: 2007/8/21 12:23

Gräf (Gräfin) von Wolfin
From Ga
Group:
Registered Users
I had a girl with a false pregnancy once, she even got milk at her due date! So this is not out of the ordinary. Don't worry. I'm sure the neuter worked. If there are no testicles, there is no sperm! At least I think that's how it works... ::wink::

Posted on: 2007/8/21 12:06

Gräf (Gräfin) von Wolfin
Group:
Registered Users
Izzy's nipples got swollen when she was in heat, I also had a rabbit that went through a false pregnancy. Keep a close eye on her, Izzy and Me Too (the rabbit) both wound up with mastitis.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 12:00

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From Woodleaf, North Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
Bella was in heat in June (1st time) and just now she is getting a fat belly and her boobies are enlarged also. The vet said most can't describe the phenomenon.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 11:23
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE

Friend of Hotdog Blog!
From South Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
Hello, I am not an expert or close to it but did you try to call your vet to see maybe if this is common among some females? I'm not a breeder or anything and I have a male.Sorry I can't help more.
I know some animals do go through false prenancies, I am not sure about dogs.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 11:18

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

recent topics
My Dixie
Has anyone dealt with Pepper Creek Ranch or PCPUPS ?
How to Make Good Friends with a Beautiful Girl?
Which one should I Pick?
How to Buy a Chiffon Dress?
Bloody Nose on a Minnie Dachshund - Help!
Help -puppy habits returning in winter
Doxie barking at other dogs
IOWA Rabies Waiver Bill ACTION ALERT
Fuzzy Nation Doxie up for adoption - low fees no vet bills!

sponsors

minimum resolution:
1024w x 768h
CopyRight © 2005 - The Hotdog Blog!
Terms of Service | Additional Terms | Privacy Policy | Spam Policy | Advertising | Site Index